MiEnergy Cooperative is pleased to offer community service scholarships to the children of cooperative members.
As a cooperative, MiEnergy has a strong commitment to youth and community. Each year high school seniors are selected to receive scholarships to continue their education. The program recognizes students who demonstrate cooperative spirit through service to others. The MiEnergy scholarship is based on community service and academics.
Applications and deadlines
Applications are posted at the beginning of each year and the deadline to apply is early March.
- You must be a high school senior, graduating this school year
- You must be continuing your education after high school at an accredited technical school, college or university
- You must be the son, daughter or legal dependent of a MiEnergy member with an active electric account (Children of MiEnergy Cooperative employees and directors are not eligible.)
- You must demonstrate community service, according to scholarship instructions
- Must have at least a “B” grade point average
Scholarship funding: Does not affect your electric rates
Scholarships are funded with unclaimed Capital Credit funds that would otherwise be forfeited to the state. Unclaimed Capital Credits are patronage dividends earned while purchasing electricity from the cooperative. Unclaimed funds are from past members who the cooperative cannot locate.
MiEnergy Cooperative will utilize our Member Advisory Committee in the selections process of the scholarship awards.
For more information:
If you have questions regarding the scholarship program please email Annie Hoiland or call (800) 432-2285.